Bhutanese, Burma, Burundi, Cafe Niche, Cafe Trio, Chadian, Congolese, culinary fundraiser, Curry, Finca, Finger-licking, Iranian, Karen, Liberty Heights Fresh, Mouthwatering, Oasis Cafe, October 2012, Refugee Communities, Salt Lake City, Sierra Leonean, Squatters Pub Brewery, Sudanese, The Rose Establishment, Tin Angel Cafe, Utah Refugee Coalition
If you need a reason to hit the town and enjoy the culinary scene in Salt Lake City between now and the 21st – don’t waste your time trying to decide where to go, because I have the best advise for you yet!
I caught wind of a fundraiser and headed down to Squatters Pub Brewery and consumed the best lunch that Salt Lake City has to offer. It was a Sierra Leonean peanutbutter curry that had the most savory pieces of sirloin beef engulfed with peppers and other veggies with a toned down spice that gave the dish enough flavor to make me daydream about it throughout the afternoon. I wish I had taken another order home for dinner.
So, take my word and don’t miss out on the limited chance to explore cuisines from all over the world this week. Make sure that you dine at the following participating restaurants, who have partnered up with refugee communities to show case their mouthwatering, finger-licking, and flavorful culinary skills, because (1) you won’t regret it and (2) portions of the featured menu item will benefit the Utah Refugee Coalition.
- Cafe Trio – partnering with the Chadian community
- Caffe Niche – partnering with the Congolese community
- Oasis Cafe – partnering with the Iranian community
- Squatters Pub Brewery – partnering with the Sierra Leonean community (pictured)
- The Tin Angel Cafe – partnering with the Burundi community
- Finca – partnering with the Karen community from Burma
- Liberty Heights Fresh- partnering with the Bhutanese community
- The Rose Establishment – partnering with the Sudanese community